Please read carefully the car rental conditions of Aramis Rent a car.
|Basic hire charge includes the following services:
|1. Technical assistance to the vehicle for breakdown recovery due to mechanical faults (not driver error or abuse).
|2. The initial cleaning of the vehicle.
|3. Our Basic Protection Package which includes Fire Insurance, Collision Damage Waiver (‘CDW’) and Theft Waiver (‘TW’).
|4. Third party liability insurance.
|5. Unlimited Mileage.
Renter must be 23 years old for groups A, B, C1, Cd, D, D2, D4, Dd, E1, E2 J, J1, J2 and 25 years old for the rest of the groups.
- Have a valid Greek, European (for E.U. countries) or International (for countries that don’t belong to E.U.) driving license.
- Have a personal credit or debit card.
Drivers License Requirements
The driving license must be issued:
1 year before car pick up date for car groups A, B, C1, Cd, D, D2, D4, Dd, E1, E2 J, J1, J2.
3 years for the rest of the groups.
- When collecting the vehicle all renters need to have:
- A valid driving license.
- A personal credit or debit card. Third party credit cards are not accepted unless there is a written validated authorization.
- Fuel Policy: The customer must return the car with the same amount of fuel in the tank. If the customer returns the car with less fuel than it had when the car was picked up, there will be an extra charge of the fuel consumed.
- When collecting the vehicle, the renter will be given a Rental Agreement in which he is obligated to read and sign. The Rental Agreement will show all services and insurances provided as well as any extra services/insurances that the renter might request with their relevant charges.
- It is very important that the renter checks and reports any existing damage on the vehicle in order to avoid any charges regarding damages caused by a previous renter.
Aramis includes CDW insurance as standard on all rental cars, but you can also upgrade your insurance policies depending on your driving confidence and destination.
All Aramis vehicles are insured:
against liability to third parties (excluding driver) for death and injury up to 1.220.000,00€ per victim.
- material damages to third parties (excluding the Aramis vehicle) up to 1.220.000,00€
- for fire of the Aramis vehicle.
- glass and windscreen, side windows, rear windows (except mirrors and lights)
If the Aramis vehicle is damaged or stolen by renter’s culpability or negligence, the renter will be liable, up to the total car’s commercial value at the time of accident or theft.
Collision Damage Waiver (C.D.W.)
The C.D.W insurance which is provided by Aramis Rent a Car to all its customers for free limits the responsibility of the renter:
- to 380€ for car groups A, B, C1, Cd.
- to 550€ by for car groups D, D2, D4, Dd, E1, E2, J, J1, J2.
- to 1.000€ for car groups F7, H1, H2, H3, H4, I1, I3, I4, L1, L2.
provided that traffic laws where not contravened (i.e. violation of red light or STOP sign, illegal overtaking, driving under the influence of alcohol etc).
Full Damage Waiver (F.D.W.)
The renter can waive the above deductible amount reliability of 380€ or 550€ or 1000€ by paying an additional daily amount which may vary depending on the car group.
The renter is liable for the payment of all traffic fines that may occur during the car rental
Loss or damage of key
In case of loss or damage of car key during the rental, the renter is liable for following charges:
- 80€-200€ for car groups A, B, C1, Cd.
- 100€-250€ for car groups D, D2, D4, Dd, E1, E2, J, J1, J2.
- 200€-350€ for car groups F7, H1, H2, H3, H4, I1, I3, I4, L1, L2.
In case of a cancellation of a reservation made through internet, during the period of 20 days before the rental starting date, is entitled to claim the amount of the deposit or to hold the deposit.
In case the renter fails to collect the vehicle on the rental start date and time without any written or telephone conversation, Aramis will cancel the reservation after 3 hours. Aramis reserve the right to charge the renter a one day rental of the car group reserved.
Ferrying the car
In the case of ferrying the car between Greek islands, all insurances are not valid and the renter has to return the car to the pick-up station, otherwise all transportation costs will be charged to the renter. In case of an accident or mechanical problem, the car transportation back to the mainland (Aramis branch) is the renter’s responsibility and for all expenses.
In case you want to extend the hire period shown on your Rental Agreement you must contact us at least 2 working hours before the end of the hire period or if you have a special car, as soon as possible.
Aramis accepts all major credit cards.